Run Thrus/Practice Sessions
The Carroll Kennel Club is a service organization supporting various youth programs and other canine related activities for our community and at large. The Club also offers a Canine Good Citizenship test. Educational programs are given throughout the year at our general meetings, which are open to the public. The Club conducts annual AKC sanctioned conformation shows and agility trials. In addition, run thru/practice sessions in conformation handling and agility (advanced) are offered to members and the community. NOTE: These are conducted with the philosophy of positive reinforcement. No abusive behavior by any attendee will be permitted.
RUN THRU GUIDELINES – Proof of vaccinations are required for each dog and should be submitted with registration forms & fees.
- Dogs should be clean, free of fleas and other parasites, non-aggressive and housebroken.
- Please take a break if your dog needs to go.
- Do not smoke, use alcohol or strong medication while training your dog.
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
- Refrain from losing your temper.
- Verbally praise and touch your dog for a better response.
- Be consistent. Do things the same way each time.
- End your practice session on a happy note.
CONFORMATION HANDLING RUN-THRUS
Minimum Age: 4 months. $10 per handler.
See our Calendar & Events Page for upcoming run thru dates.
These weekly walk-in run thrus are designed to allow the team to practice for participating in conformation shows. The sessions are designed to provide a positive environment for practice. They give the dog and handler an opportunity to practice ring patterns, gaiting, and stacking – required in an actual conformation show.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND COMPLETE THESE FORMS:
Run Thru Agreement (Disclaimer)
(Updated October 2022)